If you can bear crawl, skip, hop and shuffle with 3-, 4- and 5-year-olds one minute ... If you can throw baseballs, speed through obstacle courses and catch kickballs from them the next minute … If you can show them how to accept victories and defeats the last minute – and do it all with a positive, infectious and engaging attitude, you might have what it takes to be Little Sluggers coach.
Little Sluggers is a unique long-term athletic development program geared toward holistically helping create phenomenal young athletes. We are searching for part-time coaches.
Little Sluggers coaches administrate the activities for the 2- to 8-year-old athletes of the developmental program as designed by the senior staff. The program caters to baseball and softball, but its goal is to create physically literate athletes who have the ability to excel at any sport as they mature.
Communication skills, namely oratory, are immensely important because the coach will frequently speak about the program in public and semi-public settings.
- Criminal background check
- Youth Protective Services backgroud check
- High School Degree or GED
- First Aid/AED/CPR Certified
- Ability to work mornings
- Ability to crawl, stand, squat, rotate, flex, extend, skip, hop, shuffle, throw, kick and run.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Visual acuity required to see proper movement patterns and log information on a computer or a ledger.
- Able to communicate verbally and ability to listen.
- Able to flourish in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to stand; particularly for sustained periods
A Little Sluggers Coach…
- Follows the Little Sluggers’ safety policy.
- Performs activities with athletes in a safe manner.
- Accurately tracks and maintain records for all equipment. Makes recommendations for large-scale equipment replacements.
- Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals.
- Has a personal commitment to fitness, health and wellness with an outward facing professional appearance.
- Maintains professionalism in appearance and behavior at all times.
- Promotes an inclusive environment for athletes, guardians and colleagues.
- Continually researches youth fitness industry and general fitness industry trends and proposes revenue- and non-revenue-based programming.
- Addresses athletes and guardian comments, concerns, behaviors and conduct as necessary with a friendly, professional and customer-service-oriented approach.
- Maintains statistical records for each athlete.